International trip in Tianjin
École de Commerce de Lyon offered to its students the opportunity to spend a part of their student year in Tianjin’s Business School in China.
For a period of 10 weeks, that stay was oriented on 3 major points :
- Discover the chinese language, for example students learned the basics of writing ideograms and understanding of both oral and written Mandarin.
- Continue the course started in our school with commercial courses.
- Discover China and its cultural activities like calligraphy, kung-fu, chinese painting etc.
Our school paid the tuition fees for its students. They only had to pay for transportation, visa and food.
Presentation of the Tianjin city :
Tianjin is the fourth most populated city in China, with 15 millions inhabitants. Very close to Beijing, it is part of the Jing-Jin-Ji, a local term designating a megalopolis gathering those two cities and Hebei.
Tianjin is not a touristic city even if we can find traditional activities from the chinese culture. It is mostly a very productive economical center. A new economical zone has been created on the east side of the city : the Binhai district which goal is to replicate the development of a town such as Shenzhen.
That new district is cut into 9 functional zones :
- A manufacturing zone
- Aeronautics industry
- High-tech industry
- Harbour industry
- Petrochemistry industry
- Logistical harbouring industry
- Coastal leisure and tourism
- Sino-Singapourian ecological city