Lecture by Philippe Herzog
Thursday november 22
Through its cycle of conferences, École de Commerce de Lyon’s group is receiving Philippe Herzog. This event will happen on thursday november 22nd on our Vaise’s campus at 51 ter rue Saint Cyr (69009 Lyon)
After hosting various events with Jean-François Copé, Nicole Fontaine, Hervé De Charette, Dominique Bussereau, Renaud Pfeffer, Jean Heinrich or Maître Paul Nafilyan, we have the pleasure to receive Philippe Herzog for a lecture on the subject :
« From a revolution to another, presentation of Philippe Herzog’s memoirs »
Philippe Herzog was born on march 6th 1940 in Bruay-En-Artois in Pas-De-Calais.
He is a graduate from École Polytechnique, ENSAE, has a doctorate in economical sciences and an associate university.
At a time economist and french politician, he was lucky to have a rich and diversified career. His political beliefs and his economical analyses made him able to practice many work functions during his life.
His various actions and his commitment for the european construction and a better world also earned him to be decorated by the academic palms, National Order of Merit and the Legion of Honor.
Important features :
- In charge of the economical budgets alongside Michel Rocard at the ministry of Finance
- University professor at Parix X Nanterre from 1973 to 2003
- Leader of the economical section of the French Communist Party and of the Economy and Politics’ magazine from 1979 to 1994
- Member of the Planification National Commission from 1982 to 1988 and socio-economical board from 1984 to 1989
- European deputy from 1989 to 1999 and 2000 to 2004 within the European United Left’s group
- Founder and president of the association « Confrontations » which works to train european actors of tomorrow
- Special advisor of Michel Barnier, european commissioner for the internal market and services from 2009 to 2014
From a revolution to another, presentation of Philippe Herzog’s memoirs
During that conference, Philippe Herzog will talk about 50 years of political life, especially the reasons that led him to commit, first with the French Communist Party, and then for the european construction. It will be the occasion to discover an atypical polytechnician and cinema passionate, both rebel and negotiator, utopian and realistic, willing to change France and build Europe at the same time. That rich and surprising career is that of a committed intellectual, who constantly tried to transform the people into a collective force of thinking and action.
If you wish to participate, you can send an email to email@example.com